Thursday, April 26, 2012


Dr. Jeffrey Sachs showing picture of child with malaria.
Yale students at last!  Well, maybe not in a technical way, but Yale 'learners' as a minimum.  Jac and I attended a Global Innovation in Health Care Conference at Yale in New Haven, Connecticut April 20-22.  The keynote speakers were Dr. Jeffrey Sachs and his wife Dr. Sonia Sachs.  Talk about a dynamite duo!  They co-founded and run the Earth Institute which works closely with the Gates and Clinton Foundations as well as the U.S. government aid institutes. Dr. Jeffrey Sachs has long been one of my favorites and has shaped my thinking regarding global change.  He is a noted economist that appears frequently on CNN and other channels.  If you're not familiar with his book, The End of Poverty, I would strongly suggest you read it.  It made me do a 180 in my way of thinking.   In addition to their stimulating contributions, we had an opportunity to attend a number of workshops and presentations that sent our minds into hyper-speed with possibilities for HealthEd Connect.  The adrenalin is really flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment