Miracles in a tube! Josephine, the HealthEd Connect supervisor in the Democratic Republic of Congo shared pictures of two village people they were recently able to help.
The three-year-old child was burned with hot water and the health workers are treating her daily to get the wound healed. Unfortunately, burns from hot water and cooking fires are common occurrences in the villages where open fires and precariously perched pots are part of the daily living experience.
The picture of the mother's finger looks pretty minor, right? A little triple antibiotic and a band-aid should do the job. The issue, however, is lack of even these basic treatments. This mother cut her hand on sharp grass which later became infected. Thanks to the health workers and the Neosporin provided by HealthEd Connect supporters, "we cured the wound [and it] is finish" according to Josephine.