Febly Chansa, a two-year-old in the community, was burned badly by hot water on her hand. Maggie stepped right in, treated her with a little triple antibiotic ointment and had her hand healed in a matter of days. Mary Chilufye, another neighbor, was burned on her hands and legs by a spilled pot of hot beans. Again, Maggie to the rescue! Burns are common in Africa, especially with the children, because most of the food is cooked over open wood fires with pots balanced on stacks of rocks or bricks. To make things worse, children worldwide seem to be fascinated by fires and are attracted to them like little moths to light. Not a good combination.
|Maggie (her husband is pastor in a very needy area)|
P.S. Maggie has another new skill. She's learning to send emails. We are now the beneficiaries of her stories and reporting long distance.