Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Ireen Matete (second from left) said they wanted to send a message to HealthEd Connect supporters that the only reason they were officially recognized was because of the training and support they'd received from Healthed Connect.
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
|A brave volunteer demonstrating|
a warm moist pack to treat
The 5 treatments demonstrated included:
1. Warm moist packs for stinging or dry eyes.
2. Warm soaks for infected fingers or hands that could be submerged.
3. Hot moist packs (covered with plastic and a towel) to treat large infected wounds or sore muscles.
4. Steam from the hot water to treat respiratory congestion
5. Warm water to prepare a salt gargle for sore throats.
They loved this lesson which was practical, easy to demonstrate, and applicable to problems commonly encountered.
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Jackson Manjai, our Zamtan treasurer, is proudly posing in front of the newly completed cookshack. As the on-site overseer for construction of the cookshack, he found this project even more challenging than the classroom blocks. Workmen skilled in making thatched roofs do not live in the immediate area nor do the special thatch grasses grow nearby. But Jackson found both the workmen and the grasses and was able to bring the cookshack to reality.