Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving Prayer Beads

Kafwa paper-bead necklaces


Our amazing kafwa are providing comfort and encouragement far beyond their own villages and communities.  Their reach is far and wide.
On Thanksgiving eve I received a forwarded message from a friend I have yet to meet.  She's going through a difficult chemo journey and wrote the following to a friend who gave her one of the paper-bead necklaces made by the kafwa health workers in Zambia:

I have been very remiss in sending a thank you.... for your very thoughtful gifts of the beautiful necklace from Africa via HealthEd Connect (a very impressive organization providing much needed support)...  The necklace is in my chemo bag and accompanies me to my treatments. Such tokens feel both powerful and comforting, and I love your idea of counting my friends and family in its links. 

Our amazing kafwa are providing comfort and encouragement far beyond their own villages and communities.  For the kafwa and their far-reaching ministry, we give thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment