Monday, August 3, 2015

It's all about the Kafwa

Gershom translating for Tara Sheey at Zamtan

By Tara Sheehy - June 2015 Zambia Team Member (shared with Zamtan Congregation)

Ever since I was little, I have had a passion for science. Now my passion back then focused on experimenting how long I could tease my brother and sister before they brought mom in, but nonetheless I was always wondering how and why things happened the way they did. Being a university student the past couple years has put my life into a state of uncertainty, but full of opportunity. There are doors ready to be opened with experiences and adventures in any direction that my dreams lead me. But I have been feeling anxious and uncertain on which direction I want to go. Coming to Africa on this trip, I was hoping for some inspiration or directions for my passions. The Kafwa have been that inspiration. Their willingness to serve their community has been an incredible eye opening experience to me. Not only do they visit community members to aid in their healthcare, they also provide encouragement and positivity. Being able to see the Kafwa in action has given me a new perspective on where to direct my passions. I have experienced and felt true compassion for others and learned how to display that to others. Sometimes all it takes is knowing that someone else is cheering for you and looking out for you. And for learning that from the Kafwa, I will forever be grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment