Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Agness with one of her students

One of our most dedicated teachers, Agness, is now enrolled in a teacher training program which she attends when her teaching day is finished.  Alice has had a really tough life, many times having no food to feed her children.  She and her husband both lost their jobs in 1999 and her husband died soon after she said, from depression.  In Agness' words, "I was so confused and terrified of what had just happened.  The situation was so bad and getting worse every day.  I saw widows dying with depression, others involving themselves in prostitution, but I refused involving myself in such acts.  In 2011, I got remarried and came to Chipulukusu.  I found myself at Young Peace Markers Community School and was very excited because my dream is being fulfilled.  My life has been revived from the point of death.  I was weak now I am strong and healthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment