Monday, June 6, 2011

We're Off!

By the time you read this we will be high in the friendly skies on our way to Malawi, the Warm Heart of Africa!  Miracle of all miracles we finally got all of our goods packed in our trunks, immunizations up dated, passports and visas in hand -- and out the door.  .....well, sort of out the door.  We had a new cement driveway installed last week and it hasn't cured enough to drive on yet.  I guess that's when you walk across the lawn and literally get curb service for a pickup!
Sinkhani health workers in Chisemphere, Malawi
We're excited to see our African friends again!  What I most want to share with you are the stories about the people who are being helped by the HealthEd projects.  Getting the details is a real challenge!  I've designed a simple little form to take with me this time that will gently prod folks to record stories so I can share them with you.  If only I could speak Tumbuka or Chibemba, Swahili or any number of other languages, I could visit with so many interesting people who have great stories to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment