Monday, August 1, 2011

4th Story from Congo

Health workers meeting with Sherri in Lubumbashi, DR Congo
STORIES FROM FIELD


( LUBUMBASHI - CONGO )

The story about Tanam, who lived in Ruashi of Lubumbashi in Congo . Tanam is 32 years old. She lived in a house made with bricks & Ironsheets on top. Tanam are seven members in this family.

Tanam was pregnant and when she was 7 - 8 months, she did not mind going to the hospital until one day, she gave birth to a baby at home and she had a complications, that the Placenta remained. Now in the neighborhood, the people new me as one of the Traditional Birth Attendant ( T B A ) and they called for help. When I arrived home, I just found Tanam sleeping, I tried to help since the Clinic was far away from there. I assisted her with her problem of the Placenta, and immediately advised her to go to the hospital.

Tanam’s life in the past was VERY BAD. She was in danger, but now life for her is much better. Health Ed Connect was helpful because of the trainings they have given to the Community Health Workers and Traditional birth Attendant. Tanam really appreciated to me for the assistance, and now we have created a good friendship with my family and her family

NAME OF PERSON REPORTING : MODESTINE


No comments:

Post a Comment